Re: Oracle 9i on AIX (Installation question)

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:37:16 GMT

yep - but in the real world these things are still used quite a lot ... and this time they mean it ...
- desupport now means ... we don't care if your db links don't work, we don't care if you're
getting coredumps while connecting to 7 ... nope no patches, finished, done :-)

pretty shitty if you have to go back to 9iR1 because the Oracle7 production needs
to run side by side for just a little while until migrating completely to 9 ...

allthough there's no workaround maybe can connect by using connection manager of 9iR1 to from 9iR2 to 7 ... or one could always use a dummy database in between 9iR2 -> 9iR1 -> 7
but that's just plain silly ...