Re: 9i on windows XP?

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:40:56 +0200

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:23:39 +0200, NorwoodThree wrote:

> Linux = Free, stable, recommended Oracle platform Oracle (depending on
> what you are using it for; read the license) = Free Oracle software
> download = Free
> Current hardware (you have an Intel machine, right?) = Free
>

> So why are you giving M$ two hundred dollars?

I read the (development) license at http://otn.oracle.com/software/htdocs/devlic.html

Guess I need to brush up on my English skills to interpret 'We grant
you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the programs only for purposes of developing and prototyping your applications, and not for any other purpose. If you use the applications you develop under this license for any internal data processing or for any commercial or production purposes,  or you want to use the programs for any purpose other than as permitted under this agreement, you must contact us, or an Oracle reseller, to obtain the appropriate license'

as 'free' for everyday use.

--
Cheers,

dmz17 --- If I had an Xbox it would run Linux ---