Strange transactional problem with my Oracle database?

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus7zwq_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:44:28 -0500

I'm working with an Oracle database that was not created by me and I'm an Oracle newbie. I'm having a wierd problem where when I try to modify or delete records in SQLPlus worksheet, the changes don't stick. This happens on all the tables. For example, I will delete records in table A, then I do a select count(*) to confirm that those certain records were all deleted. It shows that they are. So then I exit SQLPlus worksheet, then I come back in and then it will show me that none of the records were deleted. Its almost as if SQLPlus worksheet starts a transaction the minute I enter it and then as soon as I close the SQLPlus worksheet, it rolls back the transaction. I tried deleting all the triggers on all the tables just in case that was the problem; It wasn't. Is there a setting somewhere that would cause this kind of behavior? Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 11:44:28 CDT