Re: 9iR2 RAC on AIX5L : gsdctl start failed

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 07:53:01 -0700

In article <3d653ee2_at_dnews.tpgi.com.au>, "Howard says...

>You only really need gsd running when you want to use the OEM GUI tool to
>manage your database. Otherwise, it's completely unnecessary... I've learnt
>to live without it, because my gsd is rather temperamental, too (Windows
>2000).
>
>Not much help, I'm afraid... other than 'don't sweat'.
>
>Regards
>HJR

If there is a requirement for getting gsd running, you might want to try turning on tracing to see what is causing the problem. Put the following after the jre in the gsdctl script to turn tracing on:

-DTRACING.ENABLED=true -DTRACING.LEVEL=2

Pete

>"Christophe BURGAUD" <christophe.burgaud_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Gurus,
>>

>> I've installed a 9iR2 RAC database (2 nodes) on AIX 5L with all the last
>OS
>> required patches. But gsdctl start failed, so I've manually created the
>> database and it works good.
>>
>> After consulting the Bug Note N° 2462034
>>
>(http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/GETHIT?WwwID=Bug.2462034&Li
>> st=FUZZY&FUZZY.Idx=1 )
>> I've checked that user oracle is in the group hagsuser, but gsdctl always
>> fails.
>>

>> Any idea would be welcome.
>>
>> Thank for your help.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Christophe

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 09:53:01 CDT