Re: how to create dbms_stast.gather_table_stats script

From: M.a.x G.e.decke <spam_at_gedecke.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:59:24 +0200

> The advice is correct though.
> A lookup in the mentioned manual would have learned that there is
> dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats
> No need to build a fancy sql script.
> And if you insist on building in a fancy sql script
sorry, i didn't mean to be rude and i really appreciate the help i'm getting here. at the moment i'm sitting over these manuals for some time now and i just cant go on...

The advice is correct though.
A lookup in the mentioned manual would have learned that there is dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats
No need to build a fancy sql script.
And if you insist on building in a fancy sql script you'd better write an anonymous pl/sql block

the problem is, that the former dba worked with the analyze statement and he had a script like that that i'm trying to rebuild with dbms_stats. but when you say, that i can save me troubles by gathering the stats for the whole schema, i'll do it like that...

max
just a newbie :-) Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 03:59:24 CDT