Re: how to create dbms_stast.gather_table_stats script

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:38:23 +0200

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:57:28 +0200, "M.a.x G.e.decke" <spam_at_gedecke.de> wrote:

>thanx very much, but you weren't very helpful. the problem still exists. i'm
>already trying to get this to work for some time now and i'm hangin at the
>moment...
>

>max

The advice is correct though.
A lookup in the mentioned manual would have learned that there is dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats
No need to build a fancy sql script.
And if you insist on building in a fancy sql script you'd better write an anonymous pl/sql block

begin
for tablist in (select table_name from user_tables) loop dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownnname=>user,tablist.table_name); end loop;
end;
/

and again that there is all to it.
The purpose of this newsgroup is as far as I am concerned to learn you to do your work, rather than to do your work for you, for free.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 03:38:23 CDT