Re: Which reporting software?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:30:33 GMT

JA wrote:

> Which reporting software?
>
> I am very interested in a reporting package. We want to deliver
> reports via the Internet. In so cases we want users to be able to
> access a reporting tool via a browser or at least from the web. I
> know Crystal Reports has an internet based delivery method. It is
> quite expensive.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with other products besides Crystal?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Al

Worked with Oracle Reports, Oracle Discoverer, Crystal, Bio, Business Objects, Cognos.

All have their respective strengths and weaknesses and all are expensive.

The question you need to ask is whether you need ad hoc capabilities and what level of interface to packages and procedures to stage data.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 18:30:33 CDT