Re: How can I use IPC for c/s com. when client and server are on the same box ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:43:47 +0200

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:29:01 -0400, "Harry Sheng" <hsheng_at_innovance.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My client and server are on the same Solaris8 box, statistics shows there is
>really
>heavy data exchange between client and server. I am considering to use IPC
>as
>the C/S protocol. I need some help on the following questions
>1. The Oracle doc says that the "automatic_ipc" in sqlnet.ora is disabled
>for Oracle8i.
> We should configure an IPC address instead. But how to configure the
>IPC address,
> and how can I get the listener work for the IPC address ?
>
>2. Can JDBC thin connection use IPC protocol when connecting to server,
> or Using IPC truely improve C/S communication performance?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Harry

1 listener.ora
in your address_list add
(address = (protocol = ipc) (key = <any sid)) tnsnames.ora : you could about guess what to add. This info is of course in net 8 manual.

2 No. JDBC is tcp/ip based

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 12:43:47 CDT