Re: ORA-04045: catalog.sql and catproc.sql damaged my db.

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:31:46 +0400

You should set _system_trig_enabled = false (ALTER SYSTEM SET _SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED='FALSE') as SYSDBA, then run catalog.sql, catproc.sql and then re-enable system triggers by setting _system_trig_enabled=true. This parameter should always be set to false before almost any object owned by SYS is modified (including Java VM) in 8i and later, otherwise you will see errors similar to those you got due to system triggers kicking in when they shouldn't. Since

you're on 9i, you can change this parameter dynamically through
alter system, on 8i you would have to set it in init.ora and bounce
the instance, update catalog, reset and bounce again (I love new
9i dynamic reconfiguration feature!) Entering restricted session while you update catalog wouldn't hurt either.