Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on Dell PE-2650 & NT4 SP6

From: Francois <psyzar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2002 04:00:09 -0700

I had the CD set for 8.1.6 available. I managed to get the patch from Oracle that fixes the installer and was able to install 8.1.6 without further hitch. Oracle document details: Doc ID: Note:131299.1, Subject: ALERT: Oracle Installer 8.1.X Hangs on Machines with Pentium 4. If you have a support contract you can get the patch by following the Metalink link on Oracle's site.

Francois