Re: Oracle Certified Masters exam

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:06:01 +1000

Hi Pete,

Hey, wait a minute, I'm an Oracle shareholder (crikey. $10.76) !!

Folks out there in real world land, forget everything I've said and go out and buy yourself Oracle certification, it's sure to be a bargain no matter the cost.

In Australia, the cost of attending a 5 day advanced course is a touch over $4,000. Multiply that by 2 and that's $8,000 in training (assuming two, 5 day courses). Add a couple of grand for the practical exam and we're close to $10,000 Australian. With a few frequent flyer points and some friendly relatives in the UK, Spain and the US and a good overseas holiday could indeed be enjoyed by the family for this kind of money.

OCM had better be worth it ...

Cheers

Richard

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:ak1o4u01gh4_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <MZY89.11811$g9.38567_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Richard says...
> >
> >Hi Pete,
> >
> >I still owe you (now let me see in my black book, ah yes) about 239 cheap
> >digs, 78 expensive digs and $20 bucks (which I'm willing to forget ;)
>
> I've not forgotten that $20!
>

> >Don't you feel that being able to pass the practical exams should be
> >sufficient to obtain OCM. Why *must* you attend training on something
that
> >passing the practical exam would suggest you already know.
>
> Pass, as I said I have no idea what the reasoning here is, but as an
Oracle
> shareholder anything that increases Oracle profits must be right! :)
>
> Pete
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Richard
> >"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
> >> In article <UqX89.11753$g9.37987_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Richard
says...

> >;)
> >>
> >> Wasn't told what the pass mark was, but yes I passed somehow. A cheap
dig
> >that
> >> gets me back for one of the cheap digs I had at you in the past. :)

> >the
> >> >

> >> Not sure what the reasoning here, so I can't really comment other than
the
> >> material in those advanced courses will certainly help you to pass the
> >exam.

> >> Likewise, no idea what the cost is. It was free for me!

> >get
> >experience,
> >(the
> >>
> >> I think it will mean just that when more people have attended it. It
> >sounds
> >> pretty much like what I've heard of one of the Cisco exams (CCNE?).
All
> >you
> >> need to know is that someone has that and they're a shoo-in to get a
job.
> >> That's why I was so pleased with the exam, even though I felt like you
> >know what
> >> afterwards. Jim and the guys that developed it have done an excellent
job
> >(FYI,
> >> Jim also wrote the 7.3 B&R Workshop, which is still to my mind the best
> >course
> >> I've ever had the pleasure to teach).

> >issues
> >spend
> >>
> >> I know Deb can run your house on a shoestring, and probably has to now
> >you're a
> >> consultant. ;) But if you can survive on a month holiday with the
family
> >on the
> >> costs of this, you must be able to live on love (and David Bowie
records)!

> >> Pete

Certified