Re: Newbie Question: Trying to Start SQLPlus, Error

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2002 19:49:05 -0700

In article <EHX89.122763$2p2.5576272_at_bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>, "Patrick says...

>Ok, got it. Excuse me for asking another "dumb" question but how do I know
>the password for the "system" account. I am not aware of such an account
>existing on my machine.

Default password is manager if it hasn't been changed. On 9.2 with a database created with Database Configuration Assistant, you're forced to change SYS and SYSTEM passwords at the completion of the database creation.

Pete

>Thanks,
>Patrick
>
>"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>> In article <QfD89.103337$2p2.4844500_at_bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>,
>"Patrick
>> says...
>> >
>> >That's just it. I cannot get to a SQL> prompt to issues such commands.
>It
>> >keeps asking for username and password which after I give it, all I get
>are
>> >errors.
>> >
>> >Patrick
>>
>> OK, from the OS prompt type in:
>>
>> sqlplus /nolog
>>
>> That should give you a SQL prompt where you can enter the command I
>mentioned in
>> the previous post.
>>
>> Pete
>> >
>> >"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>It's
>OS
>> >able to

>> HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements;

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Aug 21 2002 - 21:49:05 CDT