Re: Converting UNIX time..

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:19:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:56:45 +0100, "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>If I understand the question and fieldname contains a time measured as
>elapsed seconds from 01/10/1970 the try

I've run across this sort of thing before. Usually I just code up a simple C conversion program and then set it up as a PL/SQL callable external proc. The conversion is trivial to do at the UNIX level - number goes in and GMT date+time comes out as a string which can then be used in a to_date() .

Marc: Let me know if you need more info on this.

Cheers
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.
Dale_at_DataBee.com