Re: user id to use for running an export (Oracle 817)

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:31:38 -0400

Here is what I would suggest:
* Try not using the sys account if possible (for exp). * Put the userid and password in the parfile (userid=user/pass) and

   put proper read/write permissions on parfile * In case you have the userid and password in env variables you can have

   a shell script spit the user/pass in the parfile and then the orig_parfile    be appended to it

You could try these other things

if you have os authentication ... use that

or if you really have to use sys account try

exp '/ as sysdba' parfile=myparfile

put / as sysoper in quotes (run from a priv account)

2 cents

Anurag