Re: recovering oracle database missing control, undotbs and redo files

From: mattma <sk8ratma_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2002 19:24:25 -0700

Hello! Unfortunately, I can't seem to mount the database

SQL> startup mount pfile=/srv/ora/theravada/dbs/initgo.ora ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 235693104 bytes

Fixed Size                   279600 bytes
Variable Size             167772160 bytes
Database Buffers           67108864 bytes
Redo Buffers                 532480 bytes
ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info

i also tried startup force and it gives the same message. I've tried to mount it also by creating bogus control03.ctl file, and then it gives me errors on missing undotbs01.dbf and redo01.dbf.

Any other ideas?

-matthew