Re: Convert complex delete sql statement to Oracle?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:26:28 +0200

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:55:50 -0500, "Brad Pybus" <brad_pybus7zwq_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can do this statement in SQL Server but I can not figure out how to do it
>in Oracle. I just want it to delete records in Table1.
>

>DELETE A
>FROM TABLE1 A, TABLE2 B, TABLE3 C
>WHERE A.MYKEY= B.MYKEY AND A.UNIQUEKEY = B.UNIQUEKEY
> AND B.MYKEY= C.MYKEY
> AND C.KEY1 NOT BETWEEN 'A' AND 'Z';

delete from table1 a
where exists
(select 'x'
 from table2 b
 , table3 c
where b.mykey = c.mykey

and     c.key1 not between 'a' and 'z'
and     b.mykey = a.mykey

)

Next time, please try to do a little bit more effort before posting your dead easy question two times in short succession. This is just *standard* sql.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 16:26:28 CDT