Tablespace point in time recovery with RMAN

From: Surya <sdpantab_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:18:03 GMT

Oralce documentation says 'The auxillary database must be in nomount state and the target instance must be mounted or open state to perform TSPITR'. In my case the target instance is running and when I do startup pfile=F:\auxillary\initAUX.ora nomount; it gives me the following error: ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first Any help would be appreicated to perform this TSPITR with RMAN. I've Oracle 8.1.7 in windows2000.
TIA.
SP Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 14:18:03 CDT