Re: Need help with triggers!!!

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:55:47 GMT

kwest wrote:

> I need help writing a trigger. The directions are to create a BEFORE
> TRIGGER on your employee table (west_employee). Update the table by
> increasing the payrate of all your employees by 15%. The trigger should
> fire once for each row that is updated. Show the old and new pay rate.
>
> Here's what I have so far:
>
> create or replace trigger west_bi before insert on west_employee for
> each row declare v_pay_rate west.pay_rate%type; begin
>
> I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, Kim
>
> --
> www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Dear Student ...

You haven't written a single line of code. Assuming you didn't sleep through all of your classes you must have class notes as to what goes into the body of a trigger. Or books. Or know how to go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and look things up.

Certainly you don't expect us to do your homework for you.

So my suggestion is that you dump the DECLARE and the variable and write the one line of code required to perform this simple task.

Then if it doesn't work submit it to us and we will see if we can provide you with guidance. And I emphasize guidance ... not the answer.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 10:55:47 CDT