Re: Changing archive destination without DB restart

From: Rick Anderson <Richard.Anderson_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:13:34 -0400

Rick,

As a "best practice", you should *not* stop archiving (that can hang the primary).
You should just make the change dynamically, and if you want the change to take effect immediately, do a manual log switch (or an "archive log current" manual archival operation).
Otherwise, the changes will take place on the next automatic archival operation.

Hope this helps.

Rick