Re: Why prefer DBMS_Stats to Analyze?

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:01:24 +1000

Hi Max,

A few reasons I can think off the top of my head are:

  1. DBMS_STATS can be performed in parallel
  2. DBMS_STATS produces both global and partition statistics for partitioned objects
  3. DBMS_STATS can use both block and row samples
  4. Use DBMS_STATS so you're proficient before Oracle desupports Analyze ;)

Cheers

Richard