Re: Rollback segment and Tablespace questions

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 18:22:31 -0700

"David" <davidlee_at_diamond.com> wrote in message news:<ajqqrc$klq2_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>...
> hi all, I have two questions about Oracle (oracle8i 8.1.7)
>
> i) how can I find the rollback segment is public or private (from which data
> dictionary)?
> ii) I found (from Oracle Metalink, Note:1020180.6) that I can create "CREATE
> TABLESPACE" SQL statement by using cursors. Is it possible to generate the
> "CREATE TABLESPACE" SQL statement by using one SQL statement (without using
> cursors)? The difficult part is how to join dba_tablespaces and
> dba_data_files into one statement if the tablespace has more than 1 data
> file.
>
> David

Correction in previous post. My fingers were too quick to click on "Post message" while my brain was taking a break. If there are more then 1 datafiles then you would *have* to do that in a cursor loop. Disregard (2) from my previous post and refer to whatever it says in the Docid.

//Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 20:22:31 CDT