Re: Select Distinct over Database Link

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:00:28 -0500

If you have any indexes on mylocaltable drop them before the insert.. have you tried
create table newlocaltable as select distinct mypkey from monster_at_mydblink; ? Is it as fast as the select distinct mypkey from monster_at_mydblink;

Just some thoughts...

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 16:00:28 CDT