TSPITR recovery

From: Surya <sdpantab_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:55:45 GMT

I'm testing TSPITR with RMAN. I did the following as per the manual. 1. created password file.
2. Created new initAUX.ora file with db_name as the production db name, new control files entry and all the other parameters. 3. Added listener.ora and tnsnames.ora listing for the instance. Restarted the listener.
Now when I try to CONNECT sys/syspwd_at_aux_db_connect_string as sysdba; doesn't work. It gives the same old ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name error.
What did I do wrong.
ORACLE 8.1.7 on windows 2000 server.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
SP Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 14:55:45 CDT