Re: Bypassing SQLNet client side?

From: intruder <mark_intruder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 08:45:03 -0700

I do not have the same software but I have the following: An application server called the BEA web logic server on a certain machine An oracle database on another machine
Client systems.

We created and filled the oracle database and created the listener entry for this database.
On the BEA weblogic server, we used the JDBC driver and defined port number, SID name, hostname and some other parameter. No oracle client was installed on the web logic server.
So with JDBC, no NET8 software is needed to be installed and thus the tnsnames.ora is not used. Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 10:45:03 CDT