can I use net8 assistant of oracle8 in a machine installed with oracle8i

From: Cantonese Boy <cantoneseboy_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:21:39 +0800

Hi,

After I've installed 8i in my oracle8 machine(win2000), I found that I can't launch the net8 assistant/Net8 easy config of oracle8
even I switch the oracle home to oracle8. A error box popup with the following error messages:

The exception privileged instruction
(0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x00010100

Is both version of net8 assistant/net8 easy config cannot co-exist?

With it related to the JRE path setting?

What is the path of JRE in oracle8 and what is in oracle8i?

I find that the following path setting in my environment, Is it for oracle8?
D:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin;

Thanks a lot

W. Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 09:21:39 CDT