Re: Bypassing SQLNet client side?

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:23:55 GMT

Most interesting.

I'm not sure I understand your statement about 'thin client is about 10% less performant than the "thick" drivers' No, I'm sure I don't understand. Does you mean there is a 10% performance PENALTY over "thick" drivers, or a 10% performance GAIN?

It would appear to me that if they have to bake this addressing information into their app, that I can't transparently relocate the database when the time comes ... such as when we do periodic server upgrades. Doesn't look like a good trade-off to me.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)