Re: How to measure Oracle Database Performance?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 18 Aug 2002 20:50:38 -0700

"M.a.x G.e.decke" <spam_at_gedecke.de> wrote in message news:<ajitrq$16uk$1_at_redenix.uni-muenster.de>...

> Thanx very much for your fast reply. But I would really appreciate it, if
> somebody has a tip which saves me the 45 $ for the book. :-)

Darn! That narrows down the choices significantly! Now I can't charge you full consultancy rates... ;-)

Easiest option would be to run bstat/estat samples (or use statspack if your database version supports it) to capture what's going on over time.

Assuming you can read manuals off the net and the reports from the above, you soon should have a baseline against which to measure performance. Just do not confuse "baseline" with "ideal".

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 22:50:38 CDT