Re: Database Recovery

From: Stan <stan0074_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:23:41 GMT

As i said my earlier post, init<sid>.ora files knows where all your control files are and control files knows where all your datafiles, redo logs....

so, when you set ORACLE_SID=myDB, and startup via sqlplus /nolog, connect / as sysdba then your initmyDB.ora file is read and it opens the   database for you.

hth,
-Stan