Re: Changing archive destination without DB restart

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:57:53 +0200

Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>In article <hnkvlushfjmt5m7v01pg9ufi5t9hms7a74_at_4ax.com>, Rick says...
>>
>>Hello
>>
>>How can I change the destination of archived redo logs without having
>>to: stop_the_instance/edit_the_init_file/start_the_instance? I need to
>>be sure to do it right at my first try, otherwise if things get messed
>>up I would need to restart the DB, which is what I am trying to
>>avoid...

>see the alter system command which allows you to set the log_archive_dest or
>log_archive_dest_n settings for the system.

Yes I know, but should I stop archiving before doing that? (..and restart it again afterwards?).

Bye
Rick

PS: By the way, I am very impressed about your book. But don't tell me to look into it now.. it is at my office, while I am at home now, and I am trying to change the archive destination BEFORE people begin working with the DB, so I have to do it from home..) Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 13:57:53 CDT