Two different Oracle versions on one server?

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:54:21 +0200

Hello

We are setting up a test environment for Oracle. Our production systems use Version 8.1.7, but we would like to experiment with the newest versions, and at the same time, keep a test copy of the DB (8.1.7) on this server for development purposes.

Is it possible to:
a) have both versions installed without problems? b) have both versions running at the same time?

This should end up in a question of environment variables, but it is possible not viable in practice. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Rick Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 12:54:21 CDT