Cloning DB to different UNIX platform

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:46:49 +0200

Hello

Can I just move the DB files from Solaris (SPARC CPU) to Linux (Intel CPU) and recreate the control file in order to clone the DB? Since both are UNIX like operating systems, but otherwise totally different platforms, I am wondering if this would work before trying.

Of course, I also could go through export/import, but this is not adequate to "copy" a complete DB, and it is prone to errors.

Bye
Rick Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 12:46:49 CDT