Re: Solaris 9 thread enhancement?

From: Alan Coopersmith <alanc_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 16:19:13 +0000 (UTC)

alainrtv_at_yahoo.com (Alan) writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|does anyone know of a supposed enhancement to Solaris (released in
|2.9) which changes how threads are implemented?
|I also heard that the enhancement may be implemented on 2.8 by
|swapping out a .so file in /usr/lib with another.

See the "ALTERNATE IMPLEMENATION" section in "man libthread" on Solaris 8. On Solaris 9, the one-level implementation is the default.

If you have any other questions about new Solaris 9 features, start at http://docs.sun.com/?p=/doc/806-5202 - for instance, this feature is listed under "What's New in the Solaris 9 Operating Environment >> 2. What's New for System Administrators >> System Performance Enhancements" there.

Alan Coopersmith                              alanc_at_alum.calberkeley.org
http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/           aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM