Re: toad vs pl/sql developper

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:22:13 +0200

On 15 Aug 2002 14:05:02 -0700, francois.bourdages_at_mobilair.qc.ca (François Bourdages) wrote:

>Hi,
>I want to know your advice, experience.
>
>Witch one of those two products you like more to developp and debug
>pl/sql function, procedure, package ?
>
>toad 7.2 or pl/sql developper 4 or 5
>
>is there better product ?
>thanks in advance .

I strongly recommend PL/SQL-Developer by Allround Automations ( http://www.allroundautomations.nl ). It's much more a development tool than an administrative aid. I don't like the developers to administer the databases or foodle around in the structure of the tables. Tools like SQL/Navigator and TOAD are much too powerful/featureful!

It's quiet cheap. We are using it for 4 years and are really happy with it.

But everything we deliver is strongly SQL+ centered, because installation and upgrade of everything has to be automated. I really like the customer's DBA only to execute a batch, no foodling around!

Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Sat Aug 17 2002 - 04:22:13 CDT