Re: Load XML-File into Oracle

From: Harri Kaukovuo <harri.kaukovuo4_at_nic.fi>
Date: 17 Aug 2002 04:47:45 GMT

With large XML files you must split the XML document into smaller pieces before using XSLT. For example Oracle XSU (XML SQL Utility) can handle smaller XML documents and loads them directly into database tables. With large XML documents (let's say 2 000 000 records and 300MB of size) you must split the XML document into smaller manageable pieces with SAX parser and then handle these document fragments with e.g. XSLT or XSU utilities (e.g.saveXML).

Alternatively you could consider using SAX parser and transform the document directly into loader file bypassing the XSLT and other DOM based utilities.

frank.kloeck.fk_at_bayer-ag.de (frank kloeck) wrote in news:a879f21b.0208160710.6306d091_at_posting.google.com:

> Hello,
>
> I want to store big data sets (200000 records and more) into an Oracle
> 8.1.7 database. I want to do it so fast as possible. Actual we do it
> with an oracle Loader file via direct path - this works fine. But the
> data provider switch now to XML. Has anyone experience (examples are
> great) what is the best way to transform XML to a Loader file. Can I
> handle this problem with a XLS style sheet or is a tool or program
> preferable.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Anti-spam: To reply by e-mail please ERASE the "4" after kaukovuo4