Reduce Solaris context switches possible?

From: Alan <alainrtv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2002 21:18:47 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for an enhancement I may make to my Solaris 2.8 OS.

According to some guy I met at a user group, I may lengthen the slice of time given to each process currently resident in the run queue.

Maybe it is some bizarre urban legend type thing (or maybe an enhancement to something like Solaris 2.3).

Have any of you heard of this Solaris enhancement?

The idea behind this enhancement is that it improves the performance of some database related processes like the Oracle kernel.

I assume the performance boost comes as a result of fewer context switches per second.

-Alan Received on Fri Aug 16 2002 - 23:18:47 CDT