More Newbie questions...

From: <abc_at_iom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:36:24 GMT

Can you use some setting that will cause Oracle to reference a default user?

New to oracle here. Question:

I have a number of tables associated with a user that I've created in the database (for this example, let's assume the user is called "theuser"). To do a simple select statement, I have to type:

SELECT NAME, .ADDRESS,.PHONE from theuser.PHONEBOOK

Is there a way where I don't have to keep typing "theuser" before every object I reference? In otherwords, is there a setting that will make Oracle assume I mean "theuser" ?

In a simple select statement, it's not a big deal, but more complex ones make for lots of redundant typing. Received on Thu Aug 15 2002 - 14:36:24 CDT