Re: Default Temporary Tablespace - behavior has changed in Rel 2

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:32:12 +1000

Hi Ora,

That's weird ?

SQL> select username, temporary_tablespace from dba_users;

USERNAME                       TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE
SYS                            SYSTEM
SYSTEM                         TEMP
OUTLN                          TEMP
DBSNMP                         TEMP
OEMREP                         TEMP
LBACSYS                        TEMP
OLAPSVR                        TEMP
OLAPDBA                        TEMP
HR                             TEMP
PERFSTAT                       TEMP
BOWIE                          TEMP3

11 rows selected.

SQL> alter database default temporary tablespace temp2;

Database altered.

SQL> select username, temporary_tablespace from dba_users;

USERNAME                       TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE
SYS                            SYSTEM
SYSTEM                         TEMP2
OUTLN                          TEMP2
DBSNMP                         TEMP2
OEMREP                         TEMP2
LBACSYS                        TEMP2
OLAPSVR                        TEMP2
OLAPDBA                        TEMP2
HR                             TEMP2
PERFSTAT                       TEMP2
BOWIE                          TEMP3

11 rows selected.

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.1.1 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.0.1.1.1 - Production
CORE 9.0.1.1.1 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.1.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.0.1.1.1 - Production

Note that user BOWIE (bless it) and SYS remain unaffected by my changing the default temporary tablespace ?

Cheers

Richard