Re: Will Oracle10i come out soon?

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:06:43 +1000

Hi all,

I've always thought naming an Oracle database version numerically is the height of unoriginality. It must surely be easier to market a new database if they were named with some imagination.

Names I would personally suggest would be along the lines of "Tricky Dicky", "Lusty Dusty' and "Mighty Bytey". Wouldn't it be more exciting if 'Flirty Berty' was due to be released soon rather than 10i ?

Also migration considerations would be of far more interest at the local pub if you were discussing "well I thought Tricky Dicky performed quite well but now I'm on Lusty Dusty I've been having problems with down time and I think it's time I gave Flirty Berty a go ...".

It would add more respect to the role of an Oracle DBA don't you think ;)

Richard

hund wrote: Received on Thu Aug 15 2002 - 06:06:43 CDT