Re: Status of Undo Tablespace

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 03:56:47 -0700

Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:<ajf6ui01i9n_at_drn.newsguy.com>...
> In article <3D5A0D26.CDBE6B96_at_oracle.com>, Richard says...

> It is in fact quite possible to have two undo tablespaces active at one time per
> instance. If you have active transactions in one undo tablespace and switch to
> a new undo tablespace, new transactions will use the new undo tablespace and the
> old transactions will complete in the original undo tablespace. They are not
> swapped to the new undo tablespace. AS a result, temporarily two undo
> tablespaces are being used. Of course, I'm sure you already knew that but I
> couldn't resist rubbing your nose in it! :)

Which part of "although, yes some undo segments may still be active from another undo tablespace if you've just done a switch and the prior transactions haven't completed" from Richard Foote's response you didn't understand?

Sorry, but I couldn't resist rubbing your nose in it!

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.