How to preserve trailing blanks in data from MULTIPLE recordsets ?

From: yewpc <member_at_dbfoums.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:29:32 +0000

Hi Everyone,

In OraDatabase object, the method CreateDynaset allows several options be set for the option flag.
One of them is ORADYN_NO_BLANKSTRIP which will preserve trailing blanks from character string data
retrieved from database.

THe above method has been very helpful to retrieve ONE recordset from database. However, when
we tried to retrieve MULTIPLE recordset, we can't use createDynaset method anymore.
Instead, CreateSQL method was used. The challenge we were facing was to retain TRAILING BLANKS
from string data retrieved from database.

Usage of CreateSQL method
Set orasqlstmt = oradatabase.CreateSQL(sql_statement,options)

The following are the only options for the option flag, which doesn't have anything like the ORADYN_NO_BLANKSTRIP

ORASQL_NO_AUTOBIND
ORASQL_FAILEXEC
ORASQL_NONBLK

So my questions is,
1. When CreateSQL method is used, can we preserve the blank spaces from

   the string data as in CreateDynaset method?    If so, can u show me how?
2. If not, what is the other method we can use to achieve the same

   objective?

Hope anyone can help on this.
Thank you
Regards,