Re: Maxrows in select

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:05:32 GMT

Stein Andersen wrote:

> Hi
> Hope somebody may be able to help me.
>
> How do I set the maximum number of rows to receive in an select, and is it
> possible to retrieve the next set of data (without using cursors and pl/sql)
> if
> maximum number of rows is exceeded.
>
> Stein

What you are attempting to do can not be done.

The only way to fetch parts of datasets is to fetch the entire dataset and pull the portion of interest. Unless your tables are very slow this is horribly inefficient.

I would suggest you state the problem you are attempting to solve and and let someone recommend a solution. Where you are heading does not work.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 10:05:32 CDT