error handling in PL/SQL

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 07:33:12 -0700

I have a procedure that looks something like below.

create or replace procedure AAA ....
 cursor mycursor is select ... from mytable_at_remotedb;  ....
begin

 open mycursor;

end;

The problem I am having is that sometimes the remote db is not up and I would like to be able to handle the error that would be raised gracefully. How do I do that? I have tried to put EXCEPTION in the 'begin....end' block but that did not worked. Any way to solve this?

rgds
Daud Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 09:33:12 CDT