Trigger self inspection (am I inserting or updating?)

From: Morten <usenet_at_kikobu.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:41:27 +0200

Hi. Given an 'AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE' trigger, is it possible within the trigger body, to determine whether it's been triggered by an insert operation, or an update operation?

I could create 2 triggers, but they are rather large triggers and the update trigger has only 1 line that does not appear in the insert trigger.

Thanks,

Morten Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 07:41:27 CDT