Re: Installation of Oracle 8.1.7 on WIn 2000 does not start

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijn_at_rm-this.zhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:24:12 +0200

Richard,

Tried to send this personally, but ORAPOST refused to know you;-)

This is what I wrote:
<===>
Richard,
Of course you are right about this. It's a common complaint that people don't use the archives. But I must admit that until very recently I didn't know myself Google can be used for this sort of research, and I'm quite a Google-er myself. I can imagine that first-time visitors of this NG didn't know it's that easy to find answers to faq.

OTOH, of course you're a nice guy, and you're not being nasty about it;-)

regards,
Peter
</===>

"Richard Foote" <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com> schreef in bericht news:3D5A3090.EDD68FBA_at_oracle.com...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Pentium+4+Problems+group:comp.databases.or acle.server&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3cebc522%40news.mhogaming.com&rnum=1

> Cheers
>
> Richard
>
> nexus news server wrote:
> >
> > Hello all - Trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise on WIN2000 on
Pentium
> > 4 and my installation does not start.
> >
> > I have tried changing the config file oraparam.ini with hard paths as
> > follows, making sure all of them are correct but in vain - the installer
now
> > tells me it can't find the jrew.exe file EVEN THOUGH THE PATH IS
CORRECT!!:

> > [Oracle]
> > DISTRIBUTION=TRUE
> > SOURCE=D:\stage\products.jar
> > LICENSE_LOCATION=

JRE_LOCATION=D:\stage\Components\oracle.swd.jre\1.1.7.30\1\DataFiles\Expande

OUI_LOCATION=D:\stage\Components\oracle.swd.oui\1.1.7.30\1\DataFiles\Expande
> > JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -mx96m
> > DEFAULT_HOME_LOCATION=\oracle\ora81
> > DEFAULT_HOME_NAME=OraHome81
> > NO_BROWSE=
> > HLP_LOCATION=
> > EWT_LOCATION=
> > NLS_ENABLED=TRUE
> > BOOTSTRAP=FALSE
> >
> > [IMAGES]
> > FILE1=images/o8i_1.gif
> > FILE2=images/o8i_2.gif
> > FILE3=images/o8i_3.gif
> > FILE4=images/o8i_4.gif
> > FILE5=images/o8i_5.gif
> > FILE6=images/o8i_6.gif
> > FILE7=images/o8i_7.gif
> > FILE8=images/o8i_8.gif
> >
> > Please help I am really stuck here - I need to install Oracle
urgently... Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 07:24:12 CDT