Java Tools Don't Run on Server Anymore

From: dudester <duderino_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:36:40 -0400

I can't get netca, dbassist, etc to run. When I execute, the command just hangs. No error messages, nothing.

I'm running 8.1.7 EE on Linux (Redhat 7.3) The funny thing is they did work after I initially installed the product. I haven't changed the Oracle Install at all. I have installed a new java client envvironment however, J2ES from Sun. But looking at the script for netca, it appears that Oracle's JRE is used to run the java code. I don't think the client java code gets looked at, which makes sense.

Anyone run into anything similar?

Thanks. Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 05:36:40 CDT