Re: Should I study Oracle 8i/9i or 9i directly/

From: dudester <duderino_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:20:53 -0400

Richard Foote wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
> I would recommend studying 9i. By doing so, you will effectively learn
> 8i plus all the current bunch of goodies. Note that the basic
> architecture and the basic good DBA principles and best practices don't
> change hugely between releases. It's the bells and whistles that become
> more impressive and make life interesting.
>
> Living in sunny Canberra, Australia, I can't really comment too much on
> any good Oracle training facilities in South Bay California. But what I
> can say is that I met up with a bunch of LA Lakers fans when I visited
> in 1989 and although they showed me the town and I had a great time,
> they weren't very good at holding their alcohol (despite the fact US
> beer was somewhat like making love in a canoe )
>
> Cheers ;)

The last time I checked, the US was open to imports from around the world. I would imagine that it wouldn't be find to find almost any beer   from around the world in the US.

I'm sure you guys don't drink that swill called Foster's all day long. Oh that's right, you just make that for the foreigners.

;)