Re: Oracle 8.0.6.2 MTS configuration..need help?

From: Dominica Leung <dominica_l_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 16:22:31 -0700

Hi Howard,

Thanks again for your advice.
You are so humorous about "disaster in waiting".

I totally agree with you, some of these automatic tuning, either it is NOT BIG enough, or like you says "disaster in waiting". Yes, I agree, I should start with the NOT so large number and tune it up if I need the large pool to be bigger.

But you know what I work as a TEMP(oracle DBA) in a company in california. This company is small, but the oracle is very busy and processing a lot of short request per second, usually can't go down at all.
And the uppermanagement might require to TURN MTS ON. Even if I or some users get some errors occasionally, not sure whether I could even have downtime in midnight to fix it. Somehow their service contract with customers are very strict.

A lot of time, I have to do some GOOD GUESSING. The things is they don't have enough $$$ to build a bigger stress-test or testing cluster either. (Current testing cluster is very small, very different from the production one). So working in these environment is quite stressful for me. I am trying my best.
I even tell them I never use MTS at all. I am quite honest with them, I don't lie. If I never use it, I never use MTS.

Dominica