Lock SYSTEM account?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:16:54 +0100

8.1.7.0.0 EE on a variety of platforms.

We are implementing a database with a higher-than-normal level of security. We are locking certain 'built-in' accounts (DBSNMP, OUTLN and so forth). I was wondering if there would be any unwanted side-effects in locking the SYSTEM account?

Also, I'm tempted to drop what Thomas Kyte describes as the 'burned in' DBA role, and use a similar 'home made' ORA_DBA role instead (the main reason for this is so that no-one is 'exempted' from after login triggers).

Yes, I could test this, but we're rather pressed for time at the moment, so if anyone is able to throw a pointer or two, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 14:16:54 CDT