Re: new Oracle license scheme

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:33:24 -0500

Some folks know the price of everything and the value of nothing, to paraphrase some writer whose name I forget. 40000 for a server license is not a lot for what you get.. Power-unit pricing could cost much more depending on the server . By combining instances on a big box the per processor pricing can save you money. No one is going to claim Oracle is inexpensive, but for mission-critical, multi-user, transaction-based applications it is the 'Gold standard' against which other RDBMSs are compared.

( I am not now, nor have I ever been, an Oracle employee, just a user/developer/DBA since 1987)

Just my 2c
( used to be 1c but I changed pricing methods)

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 11:33:24 CDT