Scheme on Oracle

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:33:00 +0100

Or even better :o) ...

quota 0 on SYSTEM
quota <some value> on <tablespace defined as being the default one>;

Grant create session, create table, create view, create trigger, create sequence, create procedure to fred;
(which could be better done through a role).

Never create a user without specifying a default tablespace and a temporary tablespace because these default to SYSTEM and you do not want any user objects in the system tablespace. And make sure that the temporay tablespace is indeed a tempoary one otherwise all your sort segments have to be allocated and deallocated - which is a killer.

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. Morning Howard - how goes the land management system ?

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk